Summer Camp for Girls
07/15/19-07/19/19 8AM-3PM daily
12901 Euclid St, 3rd Floor
Garden Grove, CA
The GenCyber Girls camp at Coastline College’s Garden Grove center will be an exciting mix of hands-on experience, meeting inspirational security professionals, and fun. The camp will be offered at no-cost to middle school and high school girls from Orange County, CA. The girls will experience cybersecurity lessons through meeting and hearing from professionals working in security, a variety of brain-stretching activities, and an opportunity to talk with other girls from the Orange County area.
Lunch will be provided daily. Camp participants are subject to be photographed. Note: photos taken at the camp may be used later for online and print media.
The cybersecurity community needs mentors and one of the best ways to help out is to volunteer at a summer camp related to your field.
Monday 07/15/19 8AM-3PM
Day 1 – Cybersecurity, ethics, and professions
- Campus tour
- Intro to binary and binary bracelets
- Cyber ethics and civic responsibility
- Intro to cybersecurity & CIA triad
- Cybersecurity education programs
- Cybersecurity professionals panel
Tuesday 07/16/19 8AM-3PM
Day 2 – Privacy, confidentiality, networking, and cyber defense
- Ethics and privacy
- Intro to cybersecurity student clubs
- Intro to computer hardware and networking
- Intro to cyber defense
Wednesday 07/17/19 8AM-3PM
Day 3 – Encryption, cyber wellness, and coding
- Intro to encryption and the Internet
- Strong passwords
- Cyber wellness
- Intro to coding
Thursday 07/18/19 8AM-3PM
Day 4 – Computer forensics, competitions, and law enforcement
- Intro to digital forensics
- Law enforcement presentation
- Intro to cyber defense competitions
- Website design
Day 5 – Cybersecurity careers and education
- Panel presentation with cybersecurity community members
- Poster session
- Wrap-up discussion
- Closing ceremony
Presented by Professor Tobi West and Coastline College.
Sponsored and supported by the National Science Foundation
and the National Security Agency.