Congratulations to our 2020 Student Video Contest WINNERS!
We are excited to announce the winners of our student video contest for NCSAM 2020. Videos were screened and scored by cybersecurity and technology professionals. Thank you to our sponsors for providing prizes in the form of e-gift cards!
Two-Factor Authentication by Samantha A.
Password Security Tips by Ozzie C.
Ransomware by Vy N.
Presented by Professor Tobi West of Coastline College and
Professor Anna Carlin of Fullerton College.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Supported by CyberDEI and Techqueria.
Student Video Contest
Submission Deadline: 10/20/20 5:00PM Pacific Time
- All video participants must be currently attending either Coastline College, Fullerton College, Cypress College, or Irvine Valley College
- Individual or group submissions are allowed
- Must be 18 or older
- Must submit signed consent form
VIDEO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be student’s own original work, not copied from other sources
- Must be 30 seconds or less
- May be about any Cybersecurity Awareness topic for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month #NCSAM
- Must be Section 508 Compliant with closed captioning
- Must be suitable for public audiences
- Videos will be used by SoCalCCCC for educational purposes and may be posted or shared publicly and in the classroom
- Must submit before the deadline October 20, 2020 5:00PM Pacific Time
SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO:
- Upload your video to YouTube or other public social media site
- Update closed captioning to ensure video is Section 508 Compliant
- Have your student email address handy
- Download and sign the consent form
- By submitting your video to this contest, you agree that your video can be posted publicly and used for educational purposes by SoCalCCCC faculty and the colleges of SoCalCCCC
- Copy your video’s URL
- Complete one submission form per team member
- Videos will be scored by cybersecurity professionals and may also be screened, scored, and/or ranked by SoCalCCCC faculty
- Screening will be based on student eligibility, length of video, and Section 508 Compliance
- Scores and ranking will be based on overall creativity, technical quality, and content
- Student should consider the following when creating their video: message delivery, design elements, lighting, sound, editing, positivity and persuasion, target audience, action steps for the viewer, and spelling, punctuation, grammar, and capitalization
PRIZES AND ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Video contest winners will be announced on 10/30/20 6:00PM-7:30PM during the SoCalCCCC NCSAM Webinar
- SoCalCCCC video contest judges will select videos from those submitted before the deadline that meet the criteria above
- Prizes will be split equally between team participants for team submissions
- Prizes will be issued in the form of gift cards, as follows
- 1st Place = $500
- 2nd Place = $300
- 3rd Place = $200
You must be logged in to post a comment.